[Qgis-community-team] Weblate, experience?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Jun 8 04:46:42 PDT 2020

Hi,

Installing Remmia (Remote Desktop to Windows from Linux), in the opening
dialog I was asked to translate and go to

https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/remmina/remmina/

I have not actually used it for any projects, but if I am looking at the
docs:

https://weblate.org/en/

https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/

It looks pretty promising, not that I'm eager to switch, but to be
honest I do have some issues with transifex (mostly interface not very
intuitive (to me)), some hickups we had earlier etc.

We are busy trying to do better github-transifex integration, but
Weblate looks(!) more adult in this...

Some things I would like if they worked better:
- faster cli tools
- better communication possibilities between project and translators
(maybe even share identities, or work with current tr mailing list?)
- github/gitlab integration
- user-friendliness (eg context, it would be cool if a resource could be
filled by translator with some screenies (for Desktop) or urls (for
Docs) to easily give some context

Anyway: if anybody has some good experience please share.

Maybe we could start some testing, maybe with the news items or so?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde