[Qgis-community-team] Proposal: destination tag for issues

Alexis R.L. alroyliz0 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 08:46:06 PDT 2021

Greetings,

I would like to propose something that I mentioned as a comment on a random
issue.

I think that adding tags to show where documentation should be added to
resolve issue would be of great help to any potential contributors.

Currently the documentation process is pretty dry. Documentation is mostly
done by a handful of people that are quite familiar with the documentation.

I think that adding tags to issue in order to indicate where the
information should be modified would be of great help. Knowing if only one
or more place must be modified and where the information must be modified
is crucial to help people less familiar with the documentation.

The tags could also be used to solve all outstanding issues with a single
file more efficiently.

I totally agree that this would be an additional burden. I can propose
something more concrete in terms of naming and coloring for tags and tag
some issues to alleviate some issues.

This would also help when doing community events to make things less
intimidating.

I am not sure if this will be touched by Alessandro in his proposal
following the exchanges on the other mailing list. Otherwise I think this
is quite complimentary.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Alex