[Qgis-community-team] Translation resources management and glossary

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue May 4 16:55:49 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I was looking into Transifex and both QGIS Desktop and QGIS Documentation
have several deprecated resources and projects.

I believe some are still there because we wanted to preserve its
translation memory (at least for the zzz documentation ones). I have been
looking into that, and it seems that:

1. Old resources can be safely deleted, that the translation memory will be
still available.
2. Projects can be archived, and their translation memory can still be
preserved if they belong to a translation memory group

source:
https://docs.transifex.com/translation-memory/tm-introduction#what-happens-if-a-language/resource/project-is-deleted

I have moved all projects to the same global TM group. Can we:

1. Delete release-3-14--qgis-application resource from QGIS Desktop?
2. Delete release-3-10--qgis-application resource from QGIS Desktop?
3. Archive zzz OLD QGIS Documentation 3.10 project?
4. Archive zzz OLD QGIS Documentation 3.4 project?

I believe this clean-up will make life simpler for translators, avoid
wasting time by having folks translating strings in resources that will
never be used again, and finally make the "translate all resources" tool
more useful, without losing much in the trade.

Please, enlighten me if I am missing something here.

Thanks,

Alexandre Neto