[Qgis-community-team] Remove glossary editing permissions to "normal" translators?

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue May 4 17:47:04 PDT 2021

Hello all,

The glossary feature in Transifex can be a great help for adding
consistency and speed our translations. Nevertheless, it can also be a
curse, when the same term has different meanings in the destination
language, as having a translation that does not match a glossary term
throws a warning message in the resources list.

Currently, all translators can change the glossary, which may end up by
losing the consistency, if someone just disagrees with a translation and
decides to change it.

For this reason, I would like to propose that we remove the glossary
editing permissions from regular translators, keeping it editable only by
reviewers and administrators. Members of the translation teams can discuss
amongst them the best translations for each term and decide which term
should be in the glossary. Later an administrator or reviewer can add those
to the glossary without the risk that a newcomer change it back.

This goes in line with reviewed strings, which are blocked for further
changes by regular translators.

Thanks,

Alexandre Neto