[Qgis-community-team] Renaming Style Manager?

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Fri Jan 14 13:00:33 PST 2022

Thanks Harrissou and Jörn,

Good to see all these previous discussions. Seems like everyone agrees
that "Style Manager" has to be renamed but we don't have a good
alternative yet. As Nyall said in
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/2765, "Symbol Manager" is not correct
either.

We're looking for an umbrella term that covers: symbols, color ramps,
text formats, label settings, legend patch shapes, and 3D symbols.

We use "resources" in the Resource Manager, however that's for
"Symbology (SVG, images, styles), Processing scripts, Processing models,
R scripts and checklists" (according to
https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/qgis_resource_sharing/).

Brainstorming:

  * Cartography Resources