[Qgis-developer] stdout messsage

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 17:39:24 EDT 2006

On 4/3/06, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi wonder!
>
> >From stdout:
>
> Vector layer type: ogr
> The selected layer is not GRASS.
> If there is a QPaintEngine error here, it is caused by an emit call
> just after line 215 in file qgsmaprender.cpp.
> Warning: QPaintEngine::setSystemRect, should not be changed while
> engine is active
> Warning: QPaintEngine::setSystemClip(), should not be changed while
> engine is active
> Warning: QX11PaintEngine::begin: Painter is already active.
>         You must end() the painter before a second begin()
> Warning: QPainter::begin(), QPaintEngine::begin() returned false
>

> Is that something from your changes today?

No, this is already older issue - the message

> If there is a QPaintEngine error here, it is caused by an emit call
> just after line 215 in file qgsmaprender.cpp.

has been added by Gavin after his investigation about this issue. IIRC
there was also discussion about it in developer list, but I think that
no clear resolution was made.

I would say that best (if not only?) solution for this and some other
problems (showing partially rendered map while rendering and
possibility to stop rendering are disabled) is to use worker thread
for rendering. However such change is not a piece of cake :-)

Martin