[Qgis-developer] SRS: stere/sterea in Europe [was: 0.8; here I go]

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Wed Apr 5 11:31:52 EDT 2006

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:18:03 +0200
Maciek Sieczka <werchowyna at epf.pl> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 00:06:57 +0100
> "Tim Sutton" <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:

> > > 2.
> > > Settings, Project properties, Projection:
> > >
> > > SRIDSs 172-175 (EPSG 2170-2174) declare "+proj=stere", while it
> > > should be "sterea". Eg.:
> > >

> > 8<-----------snip -------------
> >
> > > Maciek
> > >
> > > Should I fill bug reports in Trac?
> >
> > Bug reports are good. Bug reports accompanied with fixes are even
> > better! You will find under the svn checkout two sqlite.db files
> > under
> >
> > qgis/resources
> >
> > qgis.db is the template for user database of srs's (its blank to
> > start with for each user)
> > srs.db is the system wide srs database.
> >
> > You are welcome to provide patches for the latter in the form of sql
> > insert / update statements.
>
> Sorry, I don't have enough time.
>
> I'll take this bug for reported being mentioned here.

Moreover, I'm only 100% sure for Dutch and Polish grids that stere
should be replaced with sterea. Regarding other oblique stereographic
European grids I only have "a strong belief" that they should follow -
based on what I recal from PROJ.4 and GDAL lists few months ago.
Someone with good expertise in projections stuff should consult it for
safety with Frank Warmerdam and Gerald Evendeed and commit all the
required modifications to QGIS srs db.

Best,
Maciek