[Qgis-developer] Re: Grass rasters render into square in corner

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Apr 7 04:31:06 EDT 2006

Hi

One of the reasons I prefer to use apt only as the source of my QGIS
deps is to better replicate the general experience our users are going
to have. Currently both debian stable and ubuntu breezy / dapper only
offer:

gdal 1.2.6-1

Which is what I am using. At the moment the experience using
prepackaged software isnt too great. Compiling QGIS against qt4.1 in
apt works but crashes on run. Gdal is quite old, and the geos I have
crashes qgis when I do a select features operation...

I will write to the various package maintainers and see if they can
resolve these issues...

Regards

Tim

--