[Qgis-developer] Re: Grass rasters render into square in corner

Steve Halasz stevehalasz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 09:49:46 EDT 2006

Hi

On 4/7/06, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> One of the reasons I prefer to use apt only as the source of my QGIS
> deps is to better replicate the general experience our users are going
> to have. Currently both debian stable and ubuntu breezy / dapper only
> offer:
>
> gdal 1.2.6-1

Debian testing has gdal 1.3.1

> Which is what I am using. At the moment the experience using
> prepackaged software isnt too great. Compiling QGIS against qt4.1 in
> apt works but crashes on run. Gdal is quite old, and the geos I have
> crashes qgis when I do a select features operation...

Debian testing with geos 2.2.1 from unstable(don't know if geos in
testing works or not) and qgis HEAD works fine and select features
works. I think you'll just need to wait for the goodness to propagate
to Ubuntu. DebianGIS offers backports for stable. Take a look at:
http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/debiangis-status.html

Steve