[Qgis-developer] Key accelerators vs. key shortcuts.

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Apr 8 19:44:59 EDT 2006

Hi

On 4/9/06, Tom Elwertowski <telwertowski at comcast.net> wrote:

8<------snip-------------

> > I think th accelerator keys should be set to whatever is logical in
> > current localised version (ie. that its ok for them to vary from tr()
> > to tr()).
>
> A quick check of some Apple utilities shows that shortcuts don't change
> with language though I couldn't quickly find some Apple policy on this.

Ok. Maybe I got my terminolgoy mixed up. :-( I was referring only to
shortcuts presented to the user as an underlined letter in a menu
entry. I dont see how these can stay the same between languages as the
letter used for may not even exist in the translated form.

> To prevent duplicate uses in the future, I propose adding a list like
> Apple's to our wiki so that we can easily see what keys are available,
> used or reserved. I'll add it to API Documentation unless there's a
> better place.

Sounds good - we could cross link it to the developers welcome pack
which has languished for some time....
http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/New_Developers_Welcome_Pack

--
Tim Sutton