[Qgis-developer] Key accelerators vs. key shortcuts.

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Sun Apr 9 10:16:38 EDT 2006

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 22:13:31 +0100
"Tim Sutton" <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:

> Hi Lubos
>
> These are good observations. I would like the shortcuts to be
> predictable and think its a good idea to look at other applications /
> frameworks to see what standard shortcuts and accellerator keys are
> used.
>
> Most of your suggestions I agree with, only zoom in zoom out I dont. I
> would like to reassign zoom in to '+' and zoom out to '-'.

This won't be handy IMHO. Zoom in/out and Pan shortcuts are really
usefull only during digitizing. So putting them as far right as '+' and
'-' don't make much sense. Their location should be somewhere at the
very down left of the keyboard - say 'z', 'x'. A shorcut for Pan
could be put there too, eg. 'a'. So the right hand would now be free
to ride the mouse at a decent pace. But what would the left wingers
feel about it?

Or, even better, if shortcut key settings would be customizable. But
this might be a bit too much as for now ;).

Best,
Maciek