[Qgis-developer] Legend layers vs. Legend layer files

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 21:04:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

currently I'm trying to remove stuff from QgsMapLayer which is
dependent on the legend. However more things are not clear to me...

- I'm interested in general concept of layers and layer files in the
legend, what are the main differences between them, what types of
layer files can a layer contain, what features should I expect from
them etc.

- there's always only one file in layer file group, without
possibility to move layer file to another layer file group - is this
an intention, bug or not finished feature?

- popup menus differ greatly in organization, content and
implementation between the legend layers and legend layer files -
which operations should be possible for them?

I could probably add some more questions but I hope you have the basic
idea what kind of help I'm asking.

Bye,
Martin