[Qgis-developer] Re: Qgis-developer Digest, Vol 2, Issue 30

Lubos Balazovic lubos.balazovic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 07:56:23 EDT 2006

Hi Marco,

<marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch> napísal:
> So my proposal is:
> -Don't set layers editable by default (but make start/stop editing buttons
> and a 'allow editing' entry in the legend layer popup).

It should be excepetion of this rule for New vector layer (menu Layer->New
vector layer), because if someone add NEW (=empty) vector layer it is surely
because of creating some new features so it should be set editable by
default.

> -have attribute editing only in the attribute table
> -have the same identify dialog in editable/non editable mode

I think the Identify dialog edit attribute feature is really useful in some
cases. For example I have several maps (map layers) with geometries only
(from original source it was unable to export database with attributes so
there is empty attribute table only). Now if I want to fill attributes I just
click at desired feature and fill in the values for features in current view
only. If the attribute value would be the only way how to fill in attributes
this task would get much more difficult.

Lubos