[Qgis-developer] Re: Qgis-developer Digest, Vol 2, Issue 30

humarco marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Fri Apr 21 10:40:04 EDT 2006

Am Freitag 21 April 2006 13:56 schrieb Lubos Balazovic:
> Hi Marco,
>
> <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch> napísal:
> > So my proposal is:
> > -Don't set layers editable by default (but make start/stop editing
> > buttons and a 'allow editing' entry in the legend layer popup).
>
> It should be excepetion of this rule for New vector layer (menu Layer->New
> vector layer), because if someone add NEW (=empty) vector layer it is
> surely because of creating some new features so it should be set editable
> by default.

yes, that is a good point.

> > -have attribute editing only in the attribute table
> > -have the same identify dialog in editable/non editable mode
>
> I think the Identify dialog edit attribute feature is really useful in some
> cases. For example I have several maps (map layers) with geometries only
> (from original source it was unable to export database with attributes so
> there is empty attribute table only). Now if I want to fill attributes I
> just click at desired feature and fill in the values for features in
> current view only. If the attribute value would be the only way how to fill
> in attributes this task would get much more difficult.

Ok, i see that it can be really usefull. But to keep the attributes in sync
with the rest of qgis, i think it would be necessary (at least in near
future) to directly commit the changes to the provider after ok (and a query
'are you sure...'). Do you think that would be reasonable for users?

Marco