[Qgis-developer] usage of LIBADD for plugins and providers

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 10:47:25 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have a question regarding usage of LIBADD in Makefile.am in
providers and plugins for QGIS. Currently, nearly all of them specify
in LIBADD also libqgis_core.la and libqgis_gui.la. Do you think it's
really needed? If I understand this flag correctly, it specifies which
libraries are needed for dynamic linking. This also means that with
every change of core or gui library, providers and plugins are
recompiled even when they don't need to compile again.

I think this is not needed since the providers and plugins are loaded
only from applications that have already loaded these libraries. Wms
provider doesn't specify them in its LIBADD parameter and seems to
compile / run correctly ...

Martin