[Qgis-developer] (no subject)

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Apr 27 05:36:10 EDT 2006

Hi

On 4/27/06, nitin quick <quick.nitin at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello developers
> i have a P4 desktop and qgis0.7.4 installed on it.

Good :-)

> I have a few queries. After drawing a no of vector maps if i deselect one
> whole drawing operation takes place again, which is time consuming. This is
> happening with spearfish60 grassdata nd with shapefile also. After every
> such operation do we need to generate a new pixmap and put it to canvas.

We are planning to implement a composition engine which will address
this issue, however it wont be in the upcoming 0.8 release. :-(

> Also i an not able to put a vector map over a raster map. At a timeonly one
> of them is visible. Both maps are of same region. Again same spearfish60
> data. I tried to set transparency also but ...

This is a pretty standard operation so I am not sure why it doesnt
work for you - you would need to provide more detail and possibly
sample data so that we can replicate the issue. Please use the bug
tracker at http://svn.qgis.org/trac/ to report the problem in detail.

Tim Sutton

Skype: timlinux
MSN: tim_bdworld at msn.com