[Qgis-developer] Questions and suggestion on build setup

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Wed Dec 6 00:09:58 EST 2006

Tim Sutton wrote:
>> Also, Qt 4.2 is now available as a dmg file so you might want to try
>> that as well. (Look in the 'previous versions' link which is actually
>> the complete Qt distribution directory.)
>
> Can you give a link to the dmg? I dont see it on the trolls site anywhere?

The link to the 'previous versions' (actually all versions) directory is
on line 17 of the Qt/Mac download page:
http://www.trolltech.com/developer/downloads/qt/mac

The link target is:
ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/

The current Mac dmg is:
ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/qt-mac-opensource-4.2.2.dmg

The quality seems to be closer to RC than final which may be why they
don't advertise it.

It will place files in the following directories:
/Developer/Applications/Qt/
/Developer/Documentation/Qt/
/Developer/Examples/Qt/
/Developer/Tools/Qt/
/Developer/Tools/uninstall-qt.py
/Library/Frameworks/Qt*
/usr/bin/findtr,lrelease,lupdate,moc,qmake,qt3to4,rcc,uic,uic3
/usr/include/QtUiTools/
/usr/lib/libQtUiTools.a
/usr/local/Qt4.2/

After installation, I needed to change QT_EDITION_UNKNOWN to
QT_EDITION_OPENSOURCE in
/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qconfig.h to get anything
to compile.

It created the symbolic link /usr/local/Qt4.2/mkspecs/default pointing
to macx-xcode. I changed it to macx-g++ which is what the Qt source
build creates. I think this only matters for qmake.

Tom