[Qgis-developer] Where stderr/stdout go on Windows

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Dec 17 10:02:36 EST 2006

Radim Blazek wrote:
> Hi. Anybody has idea where messages printed to stderr/stdout go on
> Windows if qgis is compiled without debug? I can see messages if the
> application is started from MSYS but no messages are printed if it is
> started from explorer, batch file or cmd.exe.

Radim,

AFAIK, there is no difference between stderr/stdout in debug and
release. By default, in C and C++, stderr is bound to stdout, and stdout
is a console. So, if you run program by double-click from the explorer,
then stdout/stderr messeges are not printed.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net