[Qgis-developer] Where stderr/stdout go on Windows

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 10:29:39 EST 2006

I am trying to fix https://svn.qgis.org/trac/ticket/448
and I found that the problem is that it is not possible to duplicate
stdin/stdout. So it seems there is no stdout/stdin at all.
GRASS lib:
     if ( (stdin_orig  = _dup(_fileno(stdin ))) == -1  ||
         (stdout_orig = _dup(_fileno(stdout))) == -1 )
    {
        db_syserror ("can't duplicate stdin/stdout");
        return (dbDriver *) NULL;
    }
The same build of QGIS however has stdout/stdin open if it
is run from MSYS.
Anybody has idea how to get QGIS running without command
window but with stdout/stdin open (pointing to '/dev/null' for example)?

The problem is obviously in GRASS but I am not sure if we can fix that
within a week.

Radim