[Qgis-developer] Some questions

Akio Takubo takubo at saruga-tondara.net
Thu Jul 13 13:43:23 EDT 2006

Hi Martin,

Thanks for kindly reply.

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:09:48 -0500
"Martin Dobias" <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/2/06, Akio Takubo <takubo at saruga-tondara.net> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> >  I have some questions about some features of QGIS.
> > I would like to know how I can customize QGIS or
> > embed QGIS features into custome application.
> > Please teach me current status, future plan or other useful
> > information about following question.
>
> Hi Akio,
>
> sorry for delayed reply as I'm out of office currently.
>

> > 1. multiple map canvas
> >  Some month ago, it was discussed about multiple map canvas
> > implementation. Have you decided how multiple map canvas
> > work (combination of layers, projections, etc...) ?
> > And these features including release 0.9? Or more future plan?
>
> IIRC we have not decided completely how will multiple map canvas work.
>
> There's somewhere a feature plan for 1.0 release but I don't remember
> the URL, you can try to check qgis-dev archives.

Thanks. I'll search more info from archives.

> > 2. embedding map canvas
> >  So splitting Qgis features into some libraries, we can embed
> > Qgis feature into our own applicaition in 0.8? Is threr any example
> > for embedding map canvas into custome appllication?
> > And can I embed multiple map canvas into one application
> > (so can I create MDI application ) ?
>
> I have done some work on this already, but I would call it rather
> alpha state - if you're adventurous enough try to checkout
> lib-refactoring-branch from SVN and use qgis core and qgis gui
> libraries. Some information is also on wiki but not finished. I'll get
> to this back in september when I get back from holidays.

I have read some information on the wiki.
And I tryed very simple embedded app to test. It was only diplaying shp file
but I haven't tryed to implement any other features in it.
I'll try lib-refactoring-branch later and try more complexity.

> Martin

Thanks again!!

--
   Akio Takubo