[Qgis-developer] configure error

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Thu Jun 8 11:45:41 EDT 2006

Kirk,

This might have something to do with using (or not using) pkg-config,
which was added earlier this year to help certain *nix distributions
find Qt4.  Since this change, I have needed to add the following item to
QGIS's configure:

--with-qtdir=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.3

Although pkg-config works on a Mac for *nix libraries, it doesn't
understand frameworks and Qt is built as a framework rather than a
traditional library by default. Consequently, pkg-config can't find it.

Also, when you get past this, you will need to edit
$QTDIR/lib/libQtTest.la and remove or comment the line beginning

dependency_libs=

Tom