[Qgis-developer] QGIS Docs

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 10:51:57 EDT 2006

On 6/12/06, Stephan Holl <holl at gdf-hannover.de> wrote:

> Let me jump in here as well. Since Otto and me have made some sort of
> improvements to the manual, we would like to encurage every dev looking
> into the current SVN-manual (perhaps between 2 soccer matches ;-)
>
> My intention is to make every dev to have a look at their
> implemented part and check if the stuff described in the manual is
> up-to-date.

Hi,

here are my notes to the docs (rev. 149):

- 3.6.3. Stopping Rendering: currently it's not possible to stop
rendering - this was disabled in qt4 port because of UI problems and
crashes

- 3.6.6. Updating the Map Display During Rendering: also not working -
AFAIK the same problem

(these problems probably could be IMO solved only by rendering in a
worker thread and that's quite a lot of work)

- 4.5.: Marco has been doing recently some work on editing support -
is the doc up-to-date?

- 6.2.: it would be good to mention that it's possible to select more
layers at once which will produce one QGIS layer with all selected
layers

- E.8.: instructions are still for Qt3

What could be added:

- some information about displaying and using attribute table for
vector layers (and the possibility to search features in table by
attributes using the SQL-like syntax)

- descibe measure tool a bit: now measures real distance on ellipsoid
(with possibility to select preferred ellipsoid in settings) and can
measure also areas

Greetings,
Martin