[Qgis-developer] Re: QGIS Docs

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Wed Jun 14 01:50:35 EDT 2006

Hello Martin,

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:51:57 +0200 "Martin Dobias"
<wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/12/06, Stephan Holl <holl at gdf-hannover.de> wrote:
> >
> > Let me jump in here as well. Since Otto and me have made some sort
> > of improvements to the manual, we would like to encurage every dev
> > looking into the current SVN-manual (perhaps between 2 soccer
> > matches ;-)
> >
> > My intention is to make every dev to have a look at their
> > implemented part and check if the stuff described in the manual is
> > up-to-date.
>
> Hi,
>
> here are my notes to the docs (rev. 149):
>
> - 3.6.3. Stopping Rendering: currently it's not possible to stop
> rendering - this was disabled in qt4 port because of UI problems and
> crashes
>
> - 3.6.6. Updating the Map Display During Rendering: also not working -
> AFAIK the same problem
>
> (these problems probably could be IMO solved only by rendering in a
> worker thread and that's quite a lot of work)
>
> - 4.5.: Marco has been doing recently some work on editing support -
> is the doc up-to-date?
>
> - 6.2.: it would be good to mention that it's possible to select more
> layers at once which will produce one QGIS layer with all selected
> layers
>
> - E.8.: instructions are still for Qt3
>
> What could be added:
>
> - some information about displaying and using attribute table for
> vector layers (and the possibility to search features in table by
> attributes using the SQL-like syntax)
>
> - descibe measure tool a bit: now measures real distance on ellipsoid
> (with possibility to select preferred ellipsoid in settings) and can
> measure also areas

As Otto suggested earlier I like the idea of seting up a wiki-page
to keep track of your suggestions that we do not forget about it.

What about adding a new section 'Updates for 0.8' here[1]?

Best
	Stephan

http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/DocumentationWritersCorner
--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508