[Qgis-developer] Windows build

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu May 25 03:58:14 EDT 2006

Windows machine is not required for compilation, currently
I compile with cross compiler on Windows. It is necessary
however for testing.

Compilation on Windows with MinGW would be probably even easier,
recently I tried also IDE based on MinGW which works smoothly.
(http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html)

For those who work on Linux it can be interesting to know that
rdesktop (Windows Terminal Server client) on Linux works
without problems and you can use also Windows XP Profesional
as terminal server (for 1 client). It means that if you have a computer
with XP Profesional which is not used in your local network,
you can compile on Linux and test in rdesktop - terminal server.

Wine does not work well, it can only be used for simple tests.

Radim