[Qgis-developer] Save as shapefile menu item removal

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Mon Nov 27 03:08:49 EST 2006

Hi Gary,

The bug in the legend context menu was that the menu entry was shown for all
layers. After the last fix, it is only shown if the data provider of a layer
declars the capability 'saveAsShapefile'. It seems to me that ATM delimited
text provider is the only one supporting this. I remember that postgres
provider did once, but I cannot find this operation for postgres in the
current version. Where has it gone?

In general I agree that having a provider-independent shapefile export would
be best. What about a 'export to shapefile' plugin? I think it wouldn't be
hard to write.

cheers,
Marco