[Qgis-developer] Adding delimited text file as layer...

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 05:51:17 EDT 2006

Hi,

the usage should be the same, you just need to load the layer with
other provider and with different URI. Here's how it's done in
delimited text plugin:

QString uri = QString("%1?delimiter=%2&xField=%3&yField=%4")
  .arg(filePath)
  .arg(delimiter)
  .arg(xField)
  .arg(yField);

// use "delimitedtext" provider instead of "ogr"
QgsVectorLayer* layer = new QgsVectorLayer(uri, name, "delimitedtext");

Where:
- filePath = complete path to the file
- delimiter = delimiter of the fields
- xField = name of the column with x values
- yField = name of the column with y values
- name = base name of the file (e.g. for path "/tmp/test.txt" it's "test")

I haven't tried that, it's just what I've looked up in the code (take
look at the plugin / provider to find out more).

Martin