[Qgis-developer] --with-wfs switch

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Mon Oct 2 22:04:38 EDT 2006

humarco wrote:
> I commited a --with-wfs switch to the autobuild system to compile the wfs
> client. So if I use ./autogen.sh ..... --with-wfs, the wfs provider and
> plugin are built on my system. However, I suppose that this may not hold true
> for all other systems (especially as I am not used to the auto* tools). Write
> to the list if you have troubles because of this commit and I'll try to
> resolve it asap.

Hi Marco

The addition of `$GEOS_CONFIG --cflags`/geos to GEOS_CFLAGS in
acinclude.m4 prevents the compilation of the GRASS plugin on a Mac and
probably NetBSD as well. The failure occurs even when --with-wfs is not
specified.

qgsgrassshell.cpp uses openpty which is defined in pty.h for most *nix
but in util.h for NetBSD and Mac OS X (a BSD derivative). Since the geos
directory contains a different util.h, globally adding the geos path to
GEOS_CFLAGS prevents other qgis directories from finding the system
util.h on BSD systems.

By reverting to the previous acinclude.m4, I was able to compile again
without --with-wfs. If I add --with-wfs, I get an indexStrtree.h not
found error. The fix may be to add the geos path only in the wfs
makefiles so that it doesn't affect other modules.

Tom