[Qgis-developer] --with-wfs switch

humarco marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Wed Oct 4 02:56:03 EDT 2006

Hi Tom,

Am Mittwoch, 4. Oktober 2006 17:51 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Marco,
>
> The fix works when not using --with-wtf.
>
> When building --with-wtf, wfsplugin fails on a Mac when linking. When I
> remove ../../providers/wfs/libwfsprovider.la from wfsplugin_la_LIBADD,
> the plugin then links and loads.

And does the wfs plugin work? My expectation is that connect (GetCapabilities)
will fail.

> On a Mac, a plugin cannot be linked to another plugin. On Ubuntu, there
> is a warning message that linking wfsplugin against libwfsprovider is
> not portable.

Is this a limitation inherent to the Mac platform? If yes, I have to change
the plugin and provider a bit.
The WFS plugin is linked to the WFS provider. This is because of the
GetCapabilities request which is implemented as static method
QgsWFSProvider::GetCapabilities.
I think i will just move the GetCapabilities method from the provider to the
plugin. I would then also move QgsHttpTransaction to the qgis core library
because it is used from wms provider, wfs provider and wfs plugin.

Marco