[Qgis-developer] Unable to invoke fileVectorFilters() // Adding jpeg to mapcanvas?

Schalk Snyman snymans at wbs.co.za
Sat Oct 7 19:33:41 EDT 2006

Hello Tim,

First, thanks again for a great tutorial! (Tutorial 4: Adding a raster
to the map canvas) These tutorials are really insightful to newbies like
me who learn best by example.

The caveat is in the same place though:
I used the exact code from Tutorial 4 (with the adaptions to .pro file)
with my jpeg file as raster. The program runs without clear errors but
no image is displayed on map.

i.e. only changed
  QFileInfo myRasterFileInfo("data/final2.jpg");

This error is still present:
empty extent... not rendering

Does this mean I do not have jpg compiled with gdal? I've recompiled
QGIS and everything seemed fine.

Best Regards
Schalk