[Qgis-developer] Unable to invoke fileVectorFilters() // Adding jpeg to mapcanvas?

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Oct 7 20:25:47 EDT 2006

Hi

You need ideally to have a .wld file accompanying your jpg file. In
general .jpg is not in my opinion a good format to use for gis
because a) its lossy and b) the decompression overhead removes much
of the benifit of the smaller file size. Some changes were made to
qgis svn a month or two back to allow non georeferenced images to at
least display at coords 0,0. Can you try to open the file in QGIS and
see what happens. Best choice is to create a .wld file to accompany
it with the registration data needed for your jpg to appear in the
right place. Im attaching a wld file from one of my datasets  as an
example.

Regards

Tim

--