[Qgis-developer] compile qgis svn

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 06:48:01 EDT 2006

On 10/16/06, Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:10:49 +0200
> "Martin Dobias" <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 10/16/06, Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de> wrote:
> > > Dear list,
> > >
> > > I try to compile qgis from svn today on debian sarge with qt4.1.0 with
> following
> > > error:
> > >
> > > /root/debian/qgis-0.8.0cvs/src/core/.libs/libqgis_core.so: undefined
> > > reference to `y ytext'
> > > /root/debian/qgis-0.8.0cvs/src/core/.libs/libqgis_core.so:
> > > undefined reference to `y ylex()'
> > > /root/debian/qgis-0.8.0cvs/src/core/.libs/libqgis_core.so: undefined
> > > reference to `s et_input_buffer(char const*)'
> > > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > > make[5]: *** [qgis] Fehler 1
> > > make[5]: Leaving directory `/root/debian/qgis-0.8.0cvs/src/gui'
> > > make[4]: *** [install] Fehler 2
> > > make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/debian/qgis-0.8.0cvs/src/gui'
> > >
> > > does anybody has an idea, what this can be?
> >
> > Hi Otto,
> >
> > this is weird. It looks like files generated by flex/bison don't exist
> > or have not been compiled. Could you check whether there are files
> > qgssearchstringlexer.cpp and qgssearchstringparser.cpp in src/core
> > directory?
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> they don't exist in src/core
>
> ls ./debian/qgis-0.8.0cvs/src/core/qgssearchstring*
>
> qgssearchstring.cpp
> qgssearchstringlexer.ll
> qgssearchstringparser.yy
> qgssearchstring.h
> qgssearchstringparser.cc
> qgssearchstringlexer.cc
> qgssearchstringparser.h

My bad, their extension should be .cc. Can you take a look in
src/core/.libs directory whether files
libqgis_core_la-qgssearchstringlexer.o and
libqgis_core_la-qgssearchstringparser.o exist? If so, could post to
some place those two generated .cc files so I can take a look if
they're ok?

Have you tried to do make distclean and then start building again?
Is this first time you compile 0.8 from sources or you managed to
build it earlier?

Martin