[Qgis-developer] compile qgis svn

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Mon Oct 16 09:03:08 EDT 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:48:01 +0200
"Martin Dobias" <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/16/06, Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:10:49 +0200

> > following

> > > Hi Otto,
> > >
> > > this is weird. It looks like files generated by flex/bison don't exist
> > > or have not been compiled. Could you check whether there are files
> > > qgssearchstringlexer.cpp and qgssearchstringparser.cpp in src/core
> > > directory?
> >
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > they don't exist in src/core
> >
> > ls ./debian/qgis-0.8.0cvs/src/core/qgssearchstring*
> >
> > qgssearchstring.cpp
> > qgssearchstringlexer.ll
> > qgssearchstringparser.yy
> > qgssearchstring.h
> > qgssearchstringparser.cc
> > qgssearchstringlexer.cc
> > qgssearchstringparser.h
>
> My bad, their extension should be .cc. Can you take a look in
> src/core/.libs directory whether files
> libqgis_core_la-qgssearchstringlexer.o and
> libqgis_core_la-qgssearchstringparser.o exist?

no they don't exist

ls ./debian/qgis-0.8.0cvs/src/core/.libs/
libqgis_core.a   libqgis_core.lai  libqgis_core.so.0
libqgis_core.la  libqgis_core.so   libqgis_core.so.0.0.1

> If so, could post to
> some place those two generated .cc files so I can take a look if
> they're ok?
>
> Have you tried to do make distclean and then start building again?
> Is this first time you compile 0.8 from sources or you managed to
> build it earlier?

- yes, I used make distclean several times before.
- no, I haven't build a current svn source in this environment (debian sarge)
before, it is a new chroot installation. But I just tried to compile it under
debian etch and there is is no problem, so there is probably something missing
in my sarge installation, I guess.

thanks a lot
  Otto