[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] "move node" in GRASS digitizer.

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 04:04:25 EDT 2006

On 10/24/06, Oleg Gusev <oleg at crista.uni-wuppertal.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 22. Oktober 2006 17:01 schrieben Sie:
> >
> > Do you mean to move a node and all the vertices
> > of the lines which finish/start there?
>
> Yes.
>
> > No it is not possible.
> >
> It is probably the general GRASS issue that is not QGIS-specific,
> but i find it a bit disappointing. Is it some kind of a technical challenge
> or just a not implemented feature ?

It just is not implemented and the implementation should not be difficult:
1) Find neares node: Vect_find_node()
2) Get the lines in the node: Vect_get_node_n_lines(),
     Vect_get_node_line
3) Modify the coordinates and rewrite lines: Vect_rewrite_line()

The only problem I can see is that currently we have only one
dynamic linear rubber band so it would be necessary to
either dynamicly allocate more or to draw dynamicly just one linear
segment (when moving mouse) from the old to the new location.

If you want this feature please fill a new ticket in the bugtracker.

Radim