[Qgis-developer] Lines are invisible in GRASS plugin

qgis at rigacci.org qgis at rigacci.org
Mon Sep 4 17:35:30 EDT 2006

On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 11:08:42AM +0200, Radim Blazek wrote:
> Can you see the lines if you have a polygon from another layer on the
> background?
> Depends somehow on colors?
> Strange in any case.

After a fresh Debian install, I isolated the problem: there is
something wrong in the "nv" Xorg driver.

If I cange in /etc/X11/xorg.conf the line
  Driver "nv"
with
  Driver "vesa"
then QGIS works as expected.

I'm using the free Xorg Nvidia driver, I'm not interested in the
closed one.

Unfortunately my knowledge stops here, no workaround as far I
know.

  xserver-xorg             7.0.22
  xserver-xorg-video-nv    1.0.1.5-2
  xserver-xorg-video-vesa  1.0.1.3-2