[Qgis-developer] CMake for building QGIS?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 15:24:15 EDT 2006

On 9/8/06, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/7/06, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Some time ago I've read about CMake build system and that KDE
> > developers have switched from autotools to it for KDE4. I've tried it
> > a bit and it looks very promising. This is a good reading for those
> > who don't know anything about it:
> > [1] http://lwn.net/Articles/188693/
> > [2] http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6700
> >
> Can you try to compile with MinGW crosscompiler? Windows is the most important
> platform for us (see downloads).
>
> Radim

Cross-compilation is not supported for now, but you can always compile
it directly in windows. Recently I've tried to make it compile there,
however most of the time I fight with linking problems with
dependencies when using both MinGW and MSVC++ 2005 compilers (I lack
some experience at this). I would prefer to compile it with MSVC++ as
it's more 'natural' for win32 and you can also use its IDE for some
programming.

Martin