[Qgis-developer] QGIS manual - status quo?

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Mon Sep 18 10:18:49 EDT 2006

Dear document-writers, translators, devs,

reviewing the current SVN-Status of the QGIS-user/installation manual I
am quite impressed about the completness. Thanks for all contributions
of you!

Is there any pending documentation-work which is not in SVN yet?
Last Commit was done by morb_au commenting ongoing processes[1]:
Rev:	184
Author:	morb_au
Last modification:	Rev 184 - 2006-07-29 07:06:35 +0100 (Sat, 29
Jul 2006) Log message:	General tidyups of 0.8 documentation -
ongoing

Since the Preview-2 is out now I like to get the manuals off the ground
to involve the translators to idealy get a readily-translated manual for
the next stable release 0.8.0 soon!

Does any of the native-english-speaking people volunteer for
proof-reading the current english texts? I think this is needed since
(at least me) is not good in writing understandable and grammatically
correct english.

Are we ready for getting the translating maschinery to work soon or
are there any objections?

Best regards

	Stephan

PS: sorry for crossposting, but qgis-doc is not yet well populated...

[1]
http://svn.qgis.org/WebSVN/listing.php?repname=Quantum%20GIS%20Documentation&path=%2F&sc=0

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508