[Qgis-developer] qgs->apl (ArcPad)

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Mon Sep 25 09:10:42 EDT 2006

Hi,

Does anybody know if there exists a tool for converting the shapefile
layer settings contained in a QGIS project file into an ArcPad apm file?

I'm asking this because one can't setup symbology for a shapefile layer
in the ArcPad itself. In order to do it one needs to buy another
expensive ESRI software.

But both are XML based formats and I "only" need the colors used for
lines, points and for filling polygons converted. I might try doing it
myself, but I'm not sure if it will be that easy as I might think.

I'm CCing you Mateusz because I found your note about planning for such
a tool on the QGIS WIKI:

http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/MateuszLoskot

Any suggestions?

Maciek