[Qgis-developer] Query building for rasters, too

Mark Coletti mcoletti at lychnobite.org
Wed Apr 18 15:16:51 EDT 2007

One of the great new features is the ability to create entirely new
vector layers from existing ones based on certain criteria.  I was
surprised that there didn't exist similar functionality for rasters.
E. g., it should be possible to create a new raster layer containing
specific themal values from an existing one that had categorized pixel
values, perhaps using the result of a call to
GDALRasterBand::GetCategoryNames() or GDALRasterAttributeTable
contents.  I did not see any plan for implementing such after
stumbling through the various qgis related web sites, including the
wiki and the trac site.  Is there a plan to implement such a feature?

Cheers,

Mark