[Qgis-developer] Query building for rasters, too

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Apr 18 15:35:04 EDT 2007

Mark Coletti wrote:
> One of the great new features is the ability to create entirely new
> vector layers from existing ones based on certain criteria.  I was
> surprised that there didn't exist similar functionality for rasters.
> E. g., it should be possible to create a new raster layer containing
> specific themal values from an existing one that had categorized pixel
> values, perhaps using the result of a call to
> GDALRasterBand::GetCategoryNames() or GDALRasterAttributeTable
> contents.  I did not see any plan for implementing such after
> stumbling through the various qgis related web sites, including the
> wiki and the trac site.  Is there a plan to implement such a feature?

  Have you seen my RasterAlgebra plugin?

http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~rowlings/Software/RasterAlgebra/

  I knocked it up pretty quickly in order to play with QtDesigner and
python plugins. It only does simple algebra, but the code might serve as
a useful starting point for any other raster processing.

Barry