[Qgis-developer] Windows Build

Aaron Racicot aaronr at z-pulley.com
Thu Aug 2 03:02:07 EDT 2007

Tisham,

So I was diving into the weird behavior on the python side of the win
preview build and have not come to any definite conclusions this evening.
One thing of note is that PyQt4.3 was just released on the 30th of July.  It
is the first build to officially support QT 4.3.  Since your build was on
the 28th (or before) I assume you built PyQt 4.2 with QT 4.3.  I suspect
this is why you had to hack qmake.conf and might explain our strange
behavior.

On win, I have 2 boxes.  The first has QT 4.2, PyQt 4.2 and qgis svn from
about 3 weeks ago.  It runs fine and does not exhibit any bad behavior.  The
second has QT 4.3, PyQt 4.3 and the preview build and it does exhibit the
bad behavior.

To test, I am building first on my Linux box with QT 4.3 and PyQt 4.3 and
svn qgis just to verify that the problem is or is not their.  I prefer Linux
and will start there.  This will be the first time that I have built with
4.3, so it will be an interesting test.

Next, if the Linux build does not exhibit the behavior I will build on my
win machine after updating to the latest of all projects and see if I can
reproduce there.

My gut tells me we are seeing a side affect of having PyQt out of sync with
QT and that if we get all of our versions lined up (with the newly released
pyqt) we will be ok... but that is yet to be seen!

More to come soon...

Aaron

 Aaron Racicot - GIS Programmer
 360.221.2441 - aaronr at ecotrust.org