[Qgis-developer] QGIS 0.9.0 Preview 1

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Mon Aug 6 02:35:03 EDT 2007

Hi Martin,

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 16:49:14 +0200
"Martin Dobias" <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> python bindings really need sip 4.5 and pyqt 4.1 or later version.
> That's because QGraphicsView started to be supported from pyqt 4.1 and
> it has sip 4.5 as a dependency...

thanks a lot for this info, so at the moment one has to compile sip and
pyqt from sources to get python binding support for debian etch and currently
also for debian testing.

There exists a NOTE for this in INSTALL.t2t and I hope there will be
package updates soon to make it easier to provide python binding support for
debian and other linux distributions. I think current opensuse 10.2 has the same
problem.

thanks
 Otto