[Qgis-developer] Fresher Windows Build

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:34:19 EDT 2007

Hi Tisham,

I've tried to use the compiler, seems to work. Just a note about
grass: all grass libs are doubled in the build, e.g. libgrass_gis.dll
and libgrass_gis.6.3.cvs.dll etc. - is that really necessary? Moreover
you should ship the whole grass installation with the installer -
otherwise the grass support won't fully work!

Regarding Python stuff, I think that we should make two different
installers - with python and without python. Only the installer with
python will check for presence of python2.5 and PyQt4. Doing this
differentiation in one installer seems to be more complicated to me as
the installer would need to come with two versions of qgis.exe.

Regards
Martin