[Qgis-developer] QGIS 0.9.0 bugfix delay

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Aug 31 11:10:25 EDT 2007

Hi All

Some of you may have noticed that I tagged 0.9.0 two nights ago. I
have not yet made any announcements regarding 0.9.0 release. Because
of the number of bug reports coming in
and since there seem to be so many issues with the code base as it
stands, I would like to suggest retagging 0.9 as 0.9preview2 and delay
the release for another 2 weeks to allow for more bug fixing.

Could I ask everyone who has pending stability patches to please apply
them and motivate those who may have been itching to do some bug
fixing to give it a go! We really need everyones help if we are to
produce a stable product!

We would also like to remind you that we have a small amount of funds
donated by our user community available to support bug fixing, so if
you are a student or otherwise looking to make a bit of spare cash,
this is a great opportunity to support the QGIS project and at the
same time get a little less poor! If you are interested please email
our project steering committee chairman:

Gary Sherman <gsherman [at] mrcc.com>

Please use the subject line: BUG FIXING

Yours sincerely,

--