[Qgis-developer] QGIS 0.9.1 release branch created...

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Dec 7 00:25:56 EST 2007

Dear QGIS developers

QGIS 0.9.1 branch is now created and the code freeze is lifted off
trunk. You can checkout the branch here:

svn co https://svn.qgis.org/repos/qgis/branches/Release-0_9_1

I will be making source tarballs from teh branch tomorrow (fri)
towards the end of the afternoon brazil time. Please checkout a copy
and if you need any small changes to support building packages on your
platform get them into the branch before then. Any changes made in the
branch should be simultaneioulslt committed to trunk. Once the source
tarball is created, work in the branch should stop and stabilisation
work should continue in trunk. I will be making the 0.9.2 release off
trunk in around 30-40 days from now. Although trunk is open for
general commits again please remember any major changes should be
carried out in branches, tested via test builds and packages,
accompanied by unit tests and cleared by PSC before making their way
into trunk. Any minor changes to trunk that change the core and gui
API's should be cleared here on the mailing list first so that the
python bindings and 3rd party apps dont get broken.

We would like to welcome our three new committers - Jürgen Fisher
(prolific bug fixing and our  new postgres maintainer) , Tisham Dhar
(windows build magician) and Leonardo Lami (GRASS modules maintainer)
to the development team - we are really glad to have you on board!

We are also happy to welcome some more folks on the documentation
team: Mario Pisa and Carlos Dávila (Spanish Documentation), Leonardo
Lami (Italian Translation) and Eve Rousseau (French Translation).

There are many other people who have sent in patches, filed bug
reports, provided translations and generally helped the project along
- and we are thankful for their contribution.

Please go ahead and create packages if you are a package builder, and
notify Gary when they are ready so he can upload them to the qgis
download site. I will make press announcements on monday to let the
world know about all your hard work!

I (Tim) will make gutsy, etch and probably feisty packages.

Regards

Gary Sherman (Project Chairman)
Tim Sutton (Release Manager)
Marco Hugentobler (Code Manager)
Otto Dassau (Community Liason and Documentation Manager)

--
Tim Sutton
openModeller Desktop Developer
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net