[Qgis-developer] remaining map composer bug(s) [was: QGIS 0.9.2 release plans (and new bug triage!)]

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Fri Dec 7 17:11:14 EST 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Tim Sutton wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I beleve that its just the new splitter Gavin or Steven added. Try to
>> look on the right of the window for a splitter bar and pull it over to
>> the left. I had the same problem when the changes first went into svn
>> and it was resolved by just pulling open the splitter bar.
>
> Tim is correct.
>
> However, there is a real bug overseen in the map composer -
> label fonts (I mean the labels one sets with layer
> Properties -> Labels, not the "Add new label" tool in map
> composer) are garbled most of the time in "render" mode, and
> unredable small in "cache" mode.

And - in render mode, the labels in map composer are circa
2.7 times smaller than on the canvas in main QGIS window;
one has to set "Font size scale" to 2.7 in the composer.

(BTW - in layer -> Properties -> Label -> Font, the
"Strikeout" doesn't work - you can check it but it never
takes effect on the display and becomes reset once you press
OK and enter the dialog again).

Maciek