[Qgis-developer] release branch

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Dec 11 06:59:34 EST 2007

Hi Marco (and others who may be confused)

So the idea was to create the branch and then only commit any changes
needed for packaging to the branch. Once the main packages are created
I will make the source tarball. In reality there should be few if any
packing changes required post branching (those kind of changes should
have gone intro trunk in the run up to the tag date of Dec 6).

SVN doesnt really have a concept of a tag since a tag is actually a
branch that you can commit into too. Since we have had some post
branching commits, I'm going to suggest the following:

- declare a moritorium on further commits to 0.9.1 branch (Ill look to
see if I can make it read only some how)
- get the revision number of the release branch as it stands today
- make a source tarball
- ask packagers to refresh their packages to the fixed revision number
(with my apologies)

How does sound everyone?  It will mean delaying the release
announcement for another week probably while we wait for package
updates to be made.

Regards

Tim