[Qgis-developer] Qgis 0.9.1 test build for OSX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Dec 15 13:51:19 EST 2007

Since the official announcement has been delayed, I'm calling this a
test build ;)

I have Qgis 0.9.1 for OSX on my site.  This build is for Tiger AND
Leopard.  Qgis Python support on Tiger uses the python.org Universal
Python 2.5 framework, but on Leopard it uses the system Python 2.5
(though it can probably use the python.org framework if installed).

I didn't run into any major problems with compiling Qgis on Leopard.
I did have to figure out extra options for the SIP and PyQt builds so
they don't install in the system.  With the python.org python
framework, it's accepted (though technically not OK) to install
extensions into the framework, but it's bad form to install extensions
into the system's python.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy