[Qgis-developer] Python build problem on OSX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Dec 19 12:17:17 EST 2007

That works.  If/when you apply it to SVN, that'll take care of the bug
in trac:

https://svn.qgis.org/trac/ticket/876

I guess it isn't critical for the 0.9.1 release, since I can patch and
build the binaries universal now.

On Dec 19, 2007, at 10:51 AM, Martin Dobias wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2007 4:04 PM, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com>
> wrote:
>> On Dec 19, 2007, at 4:13 AM, Martin Dobias wrote:
>>
>>> Looking at sipconfig I see it supports universal builds - try this:
>>> in configure.py.in add argument universal='/Developer/SDKs/
>>> MacOSX10.4u.sdk'
>>> to sipconfig.ModuleMakefile() constructor - when creating variables
>>> makefile_core and makefile_gui
>>> It should do exactly the same as Tom has written manually to
>>> makefiles...
>>>
>>> Martin
>>
>> I thought it might be something there.  Thanks.
>>
>> Is it possible for the python cmakelists to see that a user
>> specified -
>> D CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES="ppc;i386" -D CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT=whatever
>> and
>> add the universal option automatically (reusing CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT and
>> not just blindly forcing the 10.4u SDK)?
>
> Yes, it's possible. See attached small patch for configure.py.in - it
> _may_ work. I'm not at my computer neither have here my development
> stuff so this is just blind trial that implements what you're
> requesting...
>
> Martin
> <configure.py.in.diff>

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe