[Qgis-developer] Mac OSX - Clean machine setup issues

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Sun Feb 4 03:43:54 EST 2007

Tim Sutton wrote:
> 1) What was the trick for getting cmake to find gdal properly?

I edited the path in CMakeCache.txt. The default CMake behavior is to
find frameworks before traditional libraries. I have both and CMake
passed over the gdal framework and chose the library.

For gdal and pgsql, there is a hardcoded so extension so if it chooses
the library, you still have to edit CMakeCache.txt.

> 2) Do you know if GSL is available as a framework?

Don't know. I built it from source.

> 3) If I install your (Williams) Grass installler without X will cmake
> pick it up and will Grass work properly in QGIS?

I have both William's GRASS and my own built from source. CMake finds
neither. Another edit for CMakeCache.txt.

In addition, HAVE_PTY needs to be set to 1 after running with a valid
GRASS path. I tried editing the code to check the right header on a Mac
but had no luck.

> 4) Whats the neatest way to get SIP support?

I built sip and pyqt from source. CMake finds it and and compiles our
code. The link stage has problems with Qt frameworks however. This one
was beyond my CMake skills and, after a week of getting everything else
to run on a Mac, I retreated to c++ for awhile.

Tom