[Qgis-developer] Mac OSX - Clean machine setup issues

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Feb 4 13:00:55 EST 2007

I wonder if cmake can handle -framework flags, then it would be even
simpler to have that as an option (but leave a unix gdal-config
option as a choice).  Have it use:

-framework GDAL

instead of checking with gdal-config or hardcoding paths.  Same for
other of my frameworks used in Qgis.  A choice of unix-style dylibs
or Mac frameworks, if available.

On Feb 4, 2007, at 6:13 AM, Martin Dobias wrote:

> I've added the paths so you shouldn't need to specify GSL_CONFIG,
> GDAL_CONFIG and GRASS_PREFIX on Mac anymore.
>
> Martin
>
> On 2/4/07, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Yes I think this would be a good idea since my wiki docs (which will
>> hopefully becme the official guide for buildng on mac) make use of
>> williams gis frameworks which I think make sense for anyone
>> considering building on mac to use. Even adding GRASS.app path might
>> not be a bad idea.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tim

>> config -D
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > in case that these paths are somewhat "default" for Mac, it's no
>> > problem to them to add them to detection routines... as I see at
>> least
>> > /usr/local should be supported for GSL, what about the others -
>> > GDAL_CONFIG and GRASS_PREFIX ?
>> >
>> > Martin
>> >

>> --
>> --
>> Tim Sutton
>>
>> Visit http://qgis.org for a great Open Source GIS
>> Home Page: http://linfiniti.com
>> Skype: timlinux
>> MSN: tim_bdworld at msn.com
>> Yahoo: tim_bdworld at yahoo.com
>> Jabber: timlinux
>> Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan